Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Biggest Bitches in Hollywood

Inspired by the recent Divas & Dames Deathmatch over on Planet Fabulon, as well as Boze Hadleigh's indispensible Hollywood Babble-On.



"I don't hate Bette Davis even though the press wants me to. I resent her -- I don't see how she built a career out of a set of mannerisms instead of real acting ability. Take away the pop eyes, the cigarette, and those funny clipped words and what have you got?" - Joan Crawford



"Joan Crawford -- Hollywood's first case of syphillis!" - Bette Davis



"[Barbara Stanwyck]: My favorite American lesbian!" - Clifton Webb



"At the studio, they called her Katharine of Arrogance. Not without reason, as I could tell you -- but why bother? I really have nothing to say about Miss Hepburn which you can print." - Estelle Winwood



"The most beautiful female star in filmdom is Lassie. She transcends all boundaries; she's a totally sincere actress and at once a bitch and man's best friend. With gorgeous hair, yet." - Patsy Kelly

2 comments:

  1. re: Lassie... "she" was actually a he.
    Makes you think, doesn't it?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lassie

    (Although I am loathe to use Wikipedia as a source, I'm far too lazy at the moment to look up other sources.)

    Love the blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very progressive...the first transgender movie star!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget