Monday, November 3, 2008

Wintour of Discontent


ANNA WINTOUR
November 3, 1949

Given Vogue dominatrix Anna Wintour's fire-breathing reputation, we have to credit Olympian Michael Phelps with either incredible bravery or remarkable obliviousness for wearing cargo shorts and a baseball cap in her exalted presence. Clearly, this is one young man for whom the gnawing anxiety of What do I wear to sit in the front row of a fashion show with Anna Wintour?! never wrinkled his brow.



Okay, the guy won three trillion gold medals, loves his mother, saves kids from burning orphanages, and takes in stray puppies, but he couldn't throw on a pair of long pants and comb his hair? Anyway, Happy Birthday, Anna Wintour! We would have dressed for you, and we're sure you would have given us a withering, condescending look in spite of our best efforts. We would expect and want nothing less.

6 comments:

  1. I believe she's had plastic surgery to permanently implant that withering sneer. It never moves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he's wearing flip-flops as well, I'd forgive the boy completely. But then, Anna probs doesn't see the 'fashion statement' of a size 14 flip-flop as I do, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kansastock -- Something tells me it's probably high tops and sweat socks. Which may push another button of yours altogether, I dunno!

    Peenee -- She made that face as a child, and her mother warned her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Naomi Campbell did the Tyra show and they had their spat on the air, Tyra accused her of getting her fired from the shoot. Naomi: "I don't have the power of Anna Wintour." It became our new catchphrase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love me some Naomi Campbell. She's a crazy bitch, and I adore her. Tyra...not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TJB I'm with you on that statement. Tyra was never a REAL model to me. She is and was always whining like a bitch. I know Naomi has some issues. Yet she is such a Black Fashion Icon for me. She really loves fashion and works in the business. She can dress her fucking ass off and is admitting to her problems. She has earned her Fashion Diva status. Tyra hasn't really earned anything in MHO!

    ReplyDelete