Sunday, August 17, 2008

Get Your Kicks



Unlike Ed Fury, a former career as a scantily-clad physique model didn't hamper Glenn Corbett's quest for Hollywood fame. If he never became a superstar, he did become a welcome fixture on television and drive-in screens from the 1960's through the 1980's. Corbett's highest-profile gig came when he replaced an "ailing" George Maharis on the hit series, Route 66 in 1963.


Other notable appearances included a role in the cult film, Homicidal (1961), and a recurring role on Dallas (1983-1984; 1986-1988). Glenn Corbett passed away in 1993 from lung cancer.


Glenn Corbett (August 17, 1930 - January 16, 1993)

3 comments:

  1. He is a doll!

    Remind me to tell you my story about George Maharis some day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original Zephram Cochrane from "Star Trek". What a hottie!
    Love 60's eye candy!

    Dray-- consider yourself "reminded"!
    Love GM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dray -- We are going out for cocktails SOON, mister, and I want to hear all of these stories you've been teasing us with!

    Emma -- I know. I don't know what it is about those 50's and 60's hotties, but they make me want to extend my eyeliner, backcomb my hair and hang out by the bleachers after school.

    ReplyDelete