Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Good Wives

"It was a role no one could live up to, really." - Myrna Loy on being typecast as "The Perfect Wife"

"There always was a broom or a vacuum cleaner in my fist, or I was at the sink, scrubbing away for dear life." - Claudette Colbert on her screen image

"Some perfect wife I am. I've been married four times, divorced four times, have no children, and can't boil an egg." - Myrna Loy on real life vs. reel life

"I married a wonderful doctor, and I was very happy -- period." - Claudette Colbert on being a real life doctor's wife

3 comments:

  1. Who wouldn't want to be married to Nora Charles...or Nick for that matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My entire adult life has been devoted to trying to recreate the Nick and Nora Charles lifestyle. Unfortunately, aside from needing to strap an ice pack to my head a la Nora after one too many dry martinis, I haven't quite pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't know. Wit, charm, grace and style...you've pretty much got it covered!

    ReplyDelete