Monday, August 4, 2008

In the Pink, Update

I'm sure you were all waiting with breathless anticipation for my report on how those fuchsia pants turned out. They made their debut this past Friday, beginning with a leisurely lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Abboccato. I wore them with a boy-cut navy blazer (lined in berry-colored striped silk which very nearly matched the pants -- a nice visual surprise when the breeze occasionally flashed a glimpse of lining); a white poplin shirt with a very faint, thin windowpane pattern in light yellow, dove grey and baby blue; a pale yellow linen handkerchief bordered in beige and white; and patent oxblood loafers -- worn sans socks, to give the outfit that extra dash of Palm Beach savoir faire.

It all made me feel very summery, as did Abboccato's lovely offerings of spiced olives; polpette; and a crispy calamari salad. By the second Negroni, I was dangerously close to making improper advances toward our adorable waiter, George, so off we dashed around the corner to MOMA and the Dali: Painting and Film exhibit.



DALI-DESIGNED DREAM SEQUENCE FROM SPELLBOUND (1945)

I probably don't need to clue any of my readers into the fact that a Dali exhibit is even more enjoyable while slightly buzzed. Not wanting to kill the mood, my friend and I decided to follow it by tucking into The Modern (MOMA's fabulous adjoining restaurant) for another Negroni. The afternoon was rendered handsomer by the appearance of my favorite boyishly dashing host-about-town, Gabriel; and even more delicious by his gracious comping of our bill.

Cute boys, cinematic surrealism, fabulous food, free drinks and fuchsia pants...it was a perfectly lovely New York afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, you make me aspire to dress better.
    Honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a marvelous compliment. Honestly. Thanks, Jason!

    ReplyDelete