Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dancing Lady

"It was tough dancing in high heels, but we did change the heels to more of a dance shoe - like a Capezio. You know they kept giving me these skinny high heels and it's like 'Okay, I understand those. My mother wore those.' However, when I was growing up and I saw girls in the chorus, they had a thicker heel and it was a dance shoe and I kept telling them to find those shoes. I knew they existed, and finally they brought out a shoe and I said 'That's the shoe! Now make it in many colors'." - John Travolta



Darlings, if Poseidon's Underworld (from whence we stole these uber-fab images) is not a frequent stop on your blog itinerary, it should be. If your personal A-Z of fabulousness includes Ann Sothern, Brenda Vaccaro, Christopher Atkins, Dana Wynter, Edith Head, Finola Hughes, Gil Gerard, Hugh O'Brian, Irwin Allen, James Franciscus, Karen Black, Lynda Day George, Merle Oberon, Nancy Drew, Olivia de Havilland, Perry King, Ruth Roman, Stella Stevens, Ty Hardin, Virginia Grey, William Holden, Yvette Mimieux and Zorro - well, that's why you're here! But Poseidon3 takes the same icons that SSUWAT holds near and dear, and fleshes them out in breathtaking, enviable detail. You'll have a ball, and spend hours, perusing his funny, thoughtful, scrupulously researched posts. Reading his entries is almost as fun and delightful as watching the So-Swoonily-Bad-They're-Fabulous movies that he loves. So put on your Carol Lynley hot pants and pay him a visit today, and every day, won't you? Bless you.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, what a great link! Thanks, doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the suggestion of your blog roll many moons ago, I went, and have been returning ever since. He is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually witnessed John and Sylvester filming this masterpiece downtown Los Angeles in 1982 in an old church parking lot! I was shocked of how short Stallone was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TJB, you're too much. Thanks for the shout out and for the hysterical A - Z which you obviously drew carefully from my deranged list of subjects. I'm touched and I mean that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantabulous site - absolutely love it - will have to spend the rest of the day drooling over it.

    Funnily enough I have just been watching Suzanne Pleshette in A RAGE TO LIVE, and also watching old 'Whats My Line' clips on YouTube - spooky! - Stephen Boyd, Jeff Chandler, Loren, Lollobrigida, Flynn, de Havilland, Brynner etc. they are all there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sly is a small man. He has a tiny wee wee, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Though John's body was beautiful in this flick, he COULD NOT DANCE! But he did have attitude!
    XOXO
    Deb

    ReplyDelete