Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Who is the Tall, Dark Stranger There?



As I'm wont to do on sick days from work, I was watching Doris Day sex comedies from the early 1960's this morning and afternoon. Now, I love Rock Hudson; I adore Cary Grant; and Rod Taylor...grrrrrr!!! But for my money, Doris' best co-star was James Garner: the perfect combination of urbane charm and down-to-earth grit, the quintessential sexy dad-next-door. He has sophistication, humor, masculinity, and looks just terrific in a suit or swim trunks. Watching The Thrill of it All and Move Over, Darling this afternoon, we were filled with warmth for James Garner, as well as other, less delicate feelings.






James Garner suffered a minor stroke last month; he is 80 years old. We wish him a speedy, full recovery!

3 comments:

  1. I can't think of a better way to spend a sick day than watching Doris Day "sex" comedies.

    And I agree with you about him, much better chemistry with her than the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and lusting alternately over James Garner and Doris' Jean-Louis wardrobes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James Garner was so stunning in his younger years. Such a hunk

    ReplyDelete