Saturday, June 21, 2008

Shoes



I admit to a slight shoe fetish. Not, I hasten to add, in any sexual way. I just love shoes.

More to the point, I love Santoni Fatte a Mano (handmade) shoes; not to be confused with Santoni's regular, more mainstream line. Why do I love them? The colors are gorgeous; the browns, tans and burgundies are to die for. They're incredibly well-crafted: I own 10 pairs, and each one looks as good as they day I purchased them.

I'm a bit loathe to photograph my own shoes, at the risk of seeming completely bat-sh*t crazy and Imelda Marcos-esque (not to mention an actual shoe fetishist), but I'm certainly not above grabbing some images from AskAndyAboutClothes.com and other sundry sources. Oh, and I only chose images of shoes that I actually own myself. Ain't they purdy?





I also rather like Tanino Crisci; last fall, I purchased their "Judson" monkstrap, shown in this photograph from their website in gray suede.



I opted for aubergine calfskin instead; you'd be amazed at how many outfits eggplant-colored shoes actually work with.

Or maybe you wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment