Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bad People Suck



I owned this Cartier Louis Cartier Tank watch, until I was mugged last year. Don't get me wrong: not being killed trumps having any material possession; but I really loved this watch. I don't often think about it, since the whole experience was really traumatic (from several standpoints); but I will say this: always get your valuables insured. That was my stupid move. And I truly do believe that what goes around, comes around; so, mister, if you're reading this: Karma's a bitch. You will get your comeuppance somehow, someway.

Here I am, with the late, lamented watch, in happier times:


LA FENICE OPERA HOUSE, VENICE, 2006

5 comments:

  1. Well, you can take some comfort in knowing that it can't look half as good on whomever got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame.
    Cest la vie and you still have your "vie" thats what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. The choice between watch or death is a no-brainer. But, oh! How I loved that watch.

    ReplyDelete