Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Who's Sorry Now?



When we were a fledgling young gayling, we were bestowed with a few albums and 45 rpm records from long, long ago. The one that we spun on our red portable record player day and night with fervor was Connie's Sings "Never on Sunday" and Other Title Songs From Motion Pictures. We learned every lyric and nuance of that song; not long after, we had a very strange dream involving Connie Francis leading a pack of children, Pied Piper-style, down the streets of Manhattan.

Our homosexuality had officially begun.




More often thought of as the girl next door rather than a glamour gal, Connie could still slap on the sequins and war paint with the best of 'em, as the above photos amply demonstrate.

4 comments:

  1. I love how the photographer in photo number 2 has angled the light just so, to make her bouffant even bigger.
    Genius, that.

    And I'd actually like to see a children's book based on that dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had another dream last night involving Liza Minnelli, talking cats, and Dior. In that case, I *did* have a few cocktails apres dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, w/o drinks =
    mulletted Tina Yothers.

    w/drinks = fabulosity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God only knows what I'd dream about if I ever did drugs.

    I once dreamed that I was Cindy Birdsong of The Supremes. Weird.

    ReplyDelete